1. OH HELLO, am I only starting this post at 5.49am? Well done as usual to any attempts to sleep like a normal person on my part - not that I've been trying very hard. This is a lazy, gorgeous weekend for me: literally I spent the whole of Saturday concussed in bed, either sleeping or watching TV (on which I have many many thoughts) and I finally uprooted myself from my bed to make icons of the pretty prettiness that is the House season premiere episode, Now What?
2. HONESTLY I AM SO OBSESSED WITH THIS EPISODE, GUYS, I have no words for it. So obsessed I changed my LJ header, come visit:ellixian ellixian ellixian
I'm currently sitting on 65 icons (stopped just after Wilson's first attempt to contact House i.e., at best halfway through the episode?! *weeps*) and will post a nice, big batch when I get through the entire episode. I CAN'T CHOOSE ICONS TO USE. I DON'T KNOW HOW, THERE ARE TOO MANY POSSIBILITIES. As for the episode itself: I think I must have watched it something like 3-4 times all the way through by now, with many MANY other viewings for specifically the House/Cuddy scenes (not going to estimate, actual number will only be horrific to most of you). Basically I STILL think it's as close to perfect as I could have asked for, really, in terms of finally getting what I've been pulling for for the last six years. ♥ I still watch the scenes in Now What?
like... I can't believe they've HAPPENED, and that they all count as CANON now. Honestly, with this episode, I know that whatever shitstorm is going to follow for House and Cuddy (because shitstorm there will most definitely be), at least we had 7x01 - and everything this episode means for House and Cuddy and the love they have always had for each other. HAPPY SIGH.
3. Basically the entire last week of my life has been about fall tv coming back and filling a void in my soul. Seriously. I even had a really fantastic tv night in on Friday with noldoparma
and C - really it was AWESOME. We left work on time (SUCH A FEAT!!), went down to Borders where we had skinny pizza (om nom nom) for dinner, then bought a whole truckload of snacks and ice cream to head back to my house. Where I insisted they watch House (WHAT, I'M NOT OBSESSED) - both Now What?
and Help Me
, because I refused to allow them to miss out on that gorgeously-filmed, impeccably acted final episode for Season 6. After that, we watched the season premiere of Boooones as well as 30 Rock. OMG TV I LOVE YOU FOREVER.
4. And since there's truly very little going on in my life right now apart from tv, tv and more tv - I'm gonna talk about TV. (SURPRISE!!) I actually have a question about House to ask those who watch spoilers and stuff more closely than I do. (Yes, I really am mostly unspoiled for what's to come. That means there are no spoilers inside the cut beyond the pics that exploded all over the interweb during the summer hiatus, if y'all are worried.) ( Collapse )
5. I have also been exalting over the fact that my other TV shows are BACK BACK BACK. :D Flail follows beneath the cut. Spoilers for the premiere episodes too, of course. ( Collapse )
6. After watching all of that, I finally got around to blasting through the second half of Season 1 of Hot In Cleveland
. Which, you know, I really shouldn't have found so amusing since it's such an old-school, old-fashioned sitcom that I could see so many of the jokes telegraphed from a mile away. But the CAST. OMG, every single one of them I've loved at one point or another - well, except for Valerie Bertinelli. But Betty Mothereffin' White (who is SO HILARIOUS when she deadpans or snarks through a scene as Elka), Wendie Malick (HBIC HBIC HBIC) and Jane Leeves? Yeah, I'm quite quite happy to go to there. I legit LOL-ed quite a bit during the episodes. NOT ASHAMED TO ADMIT IT. And hey, one of the regular guest-stars was CARL REINER i.e., legendary creator/writer of the Dick Van Dyke Show, THAT CARL REINER
7. On top of all the shows I've already flailed about, I'm also looking forward to Monday (for me), since then I'll be able to watch the season premieres of Desperate Housewives and The Amazing Race! :D And there are other new shows I might want to try out too... OMG FALL TV SEASON, ILU SO VERY, VERY MUCH. XD
8. And now it's 6.50am (EEK) and I really need to go to bed. In theory, anyway.......